Welcome to BusyGalTips! With a background in social work, I thrive on helping others improve their lives! This is a creative way for me to live out my passion and share ways to make your busy life a little bit more manageable. ••••••••••••• Additional bonus tips can be found on Twitter and Facebook (click the links on the left). Enjoy!

11/18/2010

Swimming Busygals, Save Your Hair and Skin!

If you read my post about fitness, and specifically swimming, and were inspired...YAY! Good work, Busygal! I'm sure by now you've noticed the health and fitness benefits of swimming, but you've probably also noticed that residual chlorine smell remaining on your skin and hair that is less than pleasant. But would this Busygal leave you hanging like that? Of course not!

TriSwim makes chlorine-eradicating shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, and other products. They're a bit on the pricey side, but all in all, swimming is a relatively cheap sport equipment-wise, so I think these products are well-worth the investment. 




Image courtesy of triswim.com
But, if you know anything about me by now, you know I love to save a buck whenever possible. So far, I've been using just the shampoo, and it seems to do the trick. For my skin, I've read that citrus-based body products (with lots of moisturizer to help with the dry skin that chlorine causes) can be great for getting rid of that pesky chlorine smell. 
I love using Trader Joe's Refresh Citrus Body Wash with Vitamin C (added bonus - it's Cruelty-Free!). I've tried their Refresh Citrus Conditioner, and I can tell you right now...save your money. It does not moisturize my hair enough to comb through afterward.







Image courtesy of amazon.com

So you go, Busygal! Keep up the good work with getting in shape, and save your hair and skin in the process!

0 comments:

Post a Comment