Welcome to BusyGalTips! With a background in social work, I thrive on helping others improve their lives! This is a creative way for me to live out my passion and share ways to make your busy life a little bit more manageable. ••••••••••••• Additional bonus tips can be found on Twitter and Facebook (click the links on the left). Enjoy!

5/01/2011

Revlon Nail Enamel

Maybe you gals can relate to this... 

I love getting my nails done, but often I leave the nail salon feeling like my nails don't look any better (or worse) than if I did them myself. Crookedly-filed nails, too much nail polish globbed on so it takes forever to dry and almost certainly leads to smudges, little cuts from the cuticle cutter thingy... I don't know...maybe it's just the nail salons in my area of LA, but I've had this experience many times. 

Maybe the nail techs are over-worked and pressured by bosses to get everything done as quickly as possible, which leads to sloppiness. 

Anyway...this has led me to get over my belief that "I can't do my own nails," and with a little practice, they usually look pretty decent when I do them myself! One thing I've found that helps a TON is having a good quality nail polish. 
Image courtesy of blog.en.chatelaine.com
I have found that Revlon Nail Enamel (which you can get at any drug/grocery store, or Target) is really easy to use. It's not too thick or thin, it dries pretty quickly, and it lasts quite awhile (when you put on a base and top coat). They have a great selection of colors too. 

The trick I've found to making it look like you've gotten your nails professionally done is in fact to add a top coat. It gives them that glossy, finished look. 

Get pretty, Busygals!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

0 comments:

Post a Comment