Welcome to BusyGalTips! With a background in social work, I thrive on helping others improve their lives! This is a creative way for me to live out my passion and share ways to make your busy life a little bit more manageable. ••••••••••••• Additional bonus tips can be found on Twitter and Facebook (click the links on the left). Enjoy!

10/25/2011

5-Piece Folding Table

What? On top of everything else in your busy schedule, you're hosting a party...maybe even...Thanksgiving? Oh, and you have a small table that won't accommodate all of your guests? Well you and I have a lot in common!


Have no fear...I've found a STEAL! [Mind you, this will probably be the only time I will ever write a post about Wal-Mart...fundamentally, I dislike the company and try my best to never support their business. Why, may you ask? Read Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By In America by Barbara Ehrenreich]. And after I make that statement, I'm going to go ahead and say that I supported their business...I know, I know...


Anyway, back to the steal I found...
Recently, I needed space for a dinner party of 10 and my table only fits 6. I didn't want to spend a ton of money, but I also didn't want my guests sitting around our coffee table and dinner table and standing at our counter around the kitchen eating. A quick Google search for 'folding table,' and I discovered the Mainstays 5 Piece Card Table and Chair Set from Wal-Mart. 
Image courtesy of Wal-Mart


And the kicker? This thing only costs $57...for 5 pieces of folding furniture!! I thought it would probably break instantly with how cheap it was, but I thought it would be worth a try. To my pleasant surprise, it made it through the whole dinner party in one piece (well five pieces, but you know what I mean...) and actually seems pretty sturdy!


Like I said, I would encourage you to support other businesses rather than Wal-Mart, but if you're in a pinch, this table will do the trick and won't break the bank.

0 comments:

Post a Comment